Monday, December 7, 2009

Letters to the Editor

Dear Editor,
I don't like when I'm checking out somewhere and the person behind me covets what I'm buying. Case in point: the little decorated Christmas tree that is PERFECT for my dining room table that I found at Michael's yesterday. To top it off, all floral was half-off. Gotta love it. Since of course I talk to everyone, I struck up a nice conversation with a lady of age next to me as we were shopping the floral sale. Murmuring over the great prices to which she readily agreed, I chose my arrangement. I was feeling warm and fuzzy for making a new friend and for finding a recessionista Christmas arrangement.


Suddenly, my new friend, Mrs. Nice-Little-Old-Lady turned on me.


I went to check out and behind me loudly the lady said "I LOOOVE that little tree! But SHE got it. Do you all have another one around here?" as I was mid-credit card swipe. Of course it turned out to be the only one that they had. She then stood and stared at me as I was paying for it, I think that she was expecting me to say, "Oh you know what, you my dear, can have the tree..."


So there my friends, is the moral dilemma- Finders Keepers Losers Weepers? Give the lady the tree? I was so taken aback I just finished out the transaction and quickly left.

Yours Truly,
AAP

1 comment:

Penelope said...

Ha!Ha! You make me laugh!!! :)